In accordance with the Clarendon County Procurement Code, the Procurement Department is responsible for the procurement/purchase of goods, materials, construction and services for all departments within the County, as well as grant funded projects for internal and outside agencies. Procurement staff members are trained to ensure fair and equitable treatment to all persons involved in the public procurement/purchasing process. Procurement staff maintains membership to the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing Officials (NIGP), as well as the SC State chapter, SCAGPO. Procurement staff members work to maximize the purchasing value of public funds and provide safeguards for maintaining a procurement system of quality and integrity; while seeking the best price and highest quality, in compliance with local, State and Federal mandates. We place strong emphasis on outstanding customer service practices to our internal and external customers. The Procurement Department supports the Clarendon County mission, vision and values in our day-to-day operations.
Promote and maintain high ethical values for procurement practices that are in accordance with federal, state and local ordinances, which include:
- Acquisition of goods, services and construction in an efficient and effective manner.
- Expending public dollars in a way that instills public trust in the County’s Procurement System.
The goals and responsibilities for Procurement staff are as follows:
- Ensure that the County receives the best value obtainable for each tax dollar spent using the highest technological system available to the County
- Promote free, open competition and equal opportunity for all vendors who seek to "Do Business with the County"
- Ensure that local, small, disadvantaged, woman-owned, and minority-owned businesses have maximum opportunity to participate in County contracts
- Keep abreast of current developments in the field of public procurement, including prices, market conditions, and new products